Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 76

December 10, 2010

Nothing like hanging out half naked in front of the fire. Gotta love life!

Fraser and I went to see Harry Potter today! I was so excited to go somewhere with Fraser but not Jacob. I love the kid immensely but that rare grownup time is SO wonderful. Even though I enjoyed the movie a lot simply because it's Harry Potter, I thought it was a bit slow in parts. It's like they were trying to add drama where they didn't need ot. Let's face it, we all have read the books. We know what happens. Let's go. But really, I enjoyed our outing immensely. And Jacob had a great time with the babysitter. 


This evening I finally had a chance to finish decorating the Christmas tree. Yes, it took a whole week. Jacob and I would do a few ornaments one day, a few another. Definitely a lengthier process with a two year old helping. He got to hang all the "candy candies". And he enjoyed seeing all the ornaments that were his. 


I had a really nice time looking at all my ornaments too. Pretty much all of them have been given to me over my life so they have sentimental value. And lots, I was reminded, came from my aunt and uncle who lived here in Portland. It was an interesting feeling thinking about that as I now live here. What a nice tradition, too, of giving a nice, unique ornament from someplace special. It makes it feel a bit more special being out here.


No comments:

Post a Comment