Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 82

December 17, 2010

Sunshine! A beautiful clear blue sky day. Cold. But beautiful. Jacob and I played outside this morning. Probably only a half an hour, but at least it's something. A little vitamin D. We then went to make a gift for Daddy. He seemed very proud of it and kept talking about it all day. 


Talked to my mom while Jacob was napping. We talked about kids, life, Christmas. It was really nice. It brought up fun memories for me of Christmas time when I was younger. My siblings and I would all make a fort, which we called the Comfort Zone, in someone's bedroom and would all sleep together on Christmas Eve. We also put on Nativity plays for the parents, baked cookies together. I remember being really young and laying under a desk, right next to the speakers to listen to Christmas records. We'd all go out to cut down our tree, bringing along some tasty snacks and hot chocolate. In the evenings, we'd all climb in the van and tour around the neighbourhood looking at lights, telling my dad to slow down or even stop at some of the better displays. It was a special time of year with traditions. I am doing lots of those things with Jacob and someday, hopefully they'll be special to him to. Now, when we go out at dark to look at lights, he always asks to see the "lashing lights" (flashing lights), his favourite.


Jacob asked for mama milk tonight, breaking what I thought was his own weaning. Part of me was relieved, part bummed that he wanted it again. Once I make the decision to be done, I'll need some help from Fraser putting Jacob down just to not give him the option. I'm a sucker when he asks for it and have a hard time saying no. I'm close to being ready to stop and if he did it on his own, I'd be okay with it. But making the decision myself, I'd feel more wishy washy if he asked for it. Oh well. So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment