Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 81

December 16, 2010

Note to self: when sending out Christmas cards, which you do every year, think about buying stamps in NOVEMBER!!  

First, I had to look up a post office because around this area, they are not very obvious which I find strange because we're in the land of people out here. Our computer was down so I had to call the info line. They gave me two. I went to the first one because it was closer and opened earlier in the day. However, I got there only to find out that they only take cash or checks, neither of which I had. Great. So, I called the other one (while Jacob was screaming in the car because I'd told him to get into his seat quickly, he hadn't and I'd put him in myself like I told him I would). Yes, they took credit cards. They only took credit cards because this place just had a machine to buy stamps and send packages. No tellers. Fine. We drive over there, which happens to be on the other side of where we live. I get stamps first. The booklets here only have 18 stamps instead of 20. Then I'm only allowed to get three books on my credit card in one day. Why?! What reason is being used here? I really cannot imagine what I could do with four books instead of three that would be detrimental to anyone. I tell you, the post office is shooting itself in the foot. If they want my money they should really make it easier to give it to them. So, I would be 6 stamps short. Fantastic. That meant another trip to some post office. 
Packages next. Weigh them. Measure them. Answer ten questions about each one. Good god! Just give me a real person who already knows how to do all this stuff! I guess if I used this machine all the time, it'd be easy. But I don't. I use it once a year. Again, next time I'm just going to UPS. The post office will be it's own demise.
Finally, I get a few things taken care of and we can go. What should've really taken a short time took an hour and 10 minutes. Good grief! 


We went to gym after this which was great for me to blow off some steam. The class was very aerobic and the instructor was definitely intense. A very petite woman who obviously exercised a lot. That's all well and good and I do want to be more fit than I am now, but I really have no desire to look like that. There's fit and then there's FIT and the latter looks a tad bit scary to me. 


Jacob and I made blueberry muffins after dinner. This kid could eat enough blueberries to turn purple. His poops already are. And his hands and all around his mouth!


Another night of no nursing! I'm amazed. And sad. And happy for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment