Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 80

December 15, 2010

Downtown this morning. Stopped at Powell's to get some Christmas books for Jacob and some Christmas presents for him too. I could go crazy in that place. I restrained myself though. I got a scratch and sniff Christmas book for Jacob (all the scratch and sniff books we have now are from my childhood and they either don't smell anymore or you have to find just the right place to scratch hard to get a scent out) and 'Twas the Night Before Christmas . And I got three other books for him, two of which are compilations of stories. 

We then headed over to meet a friend and her son at a store called Kitchen Caboodle which is a great place also. Jacob and I didn't have anything to get there but we did head over to Pottery Barn. We still have a gift card from our wedding for that store. I had wanted to get some 12 days of Christmas plates, but then got indecisive once there. They have such beautiful things: linens, towels, pillows, etc. So, I didn't get the plates but something else a little more practical (but still very nice). 

I also got a ridiculously large ticket for being 10 minutes late to my car after having lunch at Pizzacato. Damn those ticket misers. They already charge an arm and a leg to park if you can't find street parking. And I'd much rather just pay for what I've actually used at the end of my time instead of having to juggle time with my child and shopping and eating and paying attention to the actual time. That put me in a bad mood for awhile. I will not be parking at the NW 23rd and Glisan lot again unless absolutely forced to. And I will not encourage others to either!

Tonight, I put Jacob to bed. We read stories and I sang him his songs. But tonight was the first night he didn't ask for "mama milk". He just sat on my lap, touched my nipple and sucked his thumb. I thought for sure he'd remember at some point in our routine, but he didn't bring it up. And I didn't either. It makes me sad because I love it so much. It's such a special experience and part of me doesn't want it to end yet. At the same time, if he's fine with it, I'm not going to push the issue and remind him. He's doing what he needs to and that is okay. He still nurses in the morning. And this could just be a fluke. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment