Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 77: Santa Claus is coming to town

December 12, 2010

Time to visit Santa! We headed out to a different tree farm where they also had Santa visiting. The funny thing about Jacob's age is that, even though he's really excited about the tree, he has absolutely no idea what Christmas really means. I'm not talking about Father Noel/Jesus being born parts even, but just the presents that have come to be such a huge aspect. And it's weird taking Jacob to a man in a red suit, telling him to tell Santa what special treat he wants for Christmas. I can only imagine what's going on in Jacob's head. I'm all about the magic of Santa and remember many lovely Christmases. At the same time, it seems a bit odd without giving Jacob more of a story than just "this jolly guy comes down your chimney and gives you stuff." Fraser and I have talked about this a bit but need to have a better plan for next year when Jacob might very well remember what happens at this time of year. I almost feel like Doris from Miracle on 34th Street, not sure what I want to tell my child about the whole thing.





But we went. We talked to Santa. And by we, I mean Fraser and me. Jacob sucked his thumb and gave Santa a curious look. We got a picture which is what matters at this point. Jacob wanted an apple from the little store so we got that and walked around looking at animals. Calves, piglets, goats, chickens. This went over well, for sure. It was raining slightly but Jacob would've stayed out there for hours. It didn't bother him one bit. He was also fascinated by the tree shaker.




So, I won't keep you in suspense any longer. At least we look better than Santa :) And no, he didn't smell like booze.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment