Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 86

December 21, 2010

Winter solstice. Feels a little different when it's raining and light and darkness are obscured by constant clouds. But I like the day nonetheless. Even though it is the first day of winter, it also means longer days of light ahead. 

Jacob and I went back to the museum today. I was planning a grocery store trip in the am but we were both totally cranky and Jacob really wanted to go, so.... we shifted plans. No use arguing with a two year old on some things. The store is close enough to do after naptime. We got there right when it opened but it got crowded fast. It was better than the other day. We moved around to places where there were fewer kids. I love watching Jacob's brain take in all the activities. He's obsessed with the workings/cause and effect of things. 

Made it to the store in the pm. Had some tasty bean and butternut squash tacos from Jenny and Ethan's cookbook. Yum. And Fraser and I watched It's a Wonderful Life. Very nice. Always makes me appreciate my wonderful life and what I love in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment