Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 330

August 22, 2011

Jacob and I made some delicious blueberry muffins this morning. Then we headed outside to work in "the jungle" aka our garden next to the house. I did lots of trimming and it's looking much better now. Jacob didn't want me to clear out all of the jungle so I did leave some things. He was having a good time doing some bushwhacking through and under the branches and bushes. He definitely loves nature which makes me super happy. I wish I could have the no fear attitude he still does, especially when it comes to walking in the wet grass barefoot. The slugs come out in the cool evening and nighttime - by the droves. You can look down and see about 5 without even trying. At this point, I have no desire to go tromping out in the backyard. Call me a wuss, sure. I am. But he'll just check around a little (or not) and just go right out. I love it. And envy it. 


This afternoon, we took a walk to the library. On the way we stopped (a few times) to pick some blackberries along the sidewalk. I should have brought a bucket! They're nice and ripe and sweet right now. Delicious! Finally we made it to the library for a quick drop off and pick up of books and then over to the water fountain. Jacob actually got in his bathing suit and was running all crazy in the fountain today. It was warm or, as Jacob put it, "kinda cool". It was adorable. Too bad cameras and water don't mix (and I didn't think to bring it) because there were some cute shots. Good times. And more blackberries coming back!! Oh, the poops these days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment