Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 310

August 2, 2011

As down and out as I felt yesterday, I felt as motivated today. This morning Jacob and I trimmed the bushes in half our yard while the laundry was going inside. All this before we even headed to the gym for a yoga class! During naptime I was able to make several calls that I've been putting off. I really dread the calls sometimes, but they usually go really quickly. And it feels so satisfying to get them done. A lesson to be learned again and again about procrastination: it never makes anything better and it always, always, always feels better when the job is done. In high school I used to do my math homework first because it was the subject I least enjoyed. English and Biology were saved for last. I should remember those lessons. 

Jacob has been shouting a lot these days. Shouting when he wants something. Shouting when he's excited. Shouting when he's frustrated, tired, happy, mad. You name it, he's shouting. It makes me stop and question how much I'm shouting. Do I shout a lot? I know I do sometimes when I'm frustrated and we talk about that. But all the time? I think that's something he's expanded on. Oh, right, and he's 2 and 1/2. 

"Makin' purple."


   
Elbow painting - his own idea
 Jacob is obsessed these days with mimicking. Mimi and Pop's dog, us sometimes, Shilo kitty. He wants to go in all the bushes after her. I have to pull him out of places, telling him that kitties can go some places where we can't go. He usually shouts something about wanting to do it: "I WANT to follow her!" Yes, well... we all know the line all too well. You can't always do what you want. Sigh... Life. What an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment