Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 318

August 10, 2011

This morning was one of THOSE mornings. We'd played for awhile which was fine. But then it was time to get ready for our day. Right. An hour. An hour of: asking, ordering, cajoling, comforting, telling, crying (on his part although I almost felt like it a couple times), repeating and yes, a little bit of shouting. Oh. My. Goodness. I had a plan. Then I had another plan. Finally, we settled on a third plan. We actually were able to get out of the house, do a little jog in the stroller, pick some blackberries and end up at the park. Whew.

At the park I talked to a mom who I see all the time at the gym. She was telling me that they are actually going to be moving to Shanghai!! For two years! A work transfer for her husband. Yeah, that puts things in perspective for me. Moving out to Portland was nothing compared to that. Something like that would be exciting and terrifying all at the same time. Wow.

And speaking of moves, it's coming up to one whole year soon that we'll have been here. Pretty crazy, really. In many ways, it feels like it's been very fast. I've been pondering what to write about next. Ideas?

Jacobisms:
This morning after Fraser left for work: 
"I miss him when he goes to work. Cause I love him so much." 

Okay, it has been one of THOSE whole entire days. One of those days when I felt like I lost patience and reprimanded and had to apologize way too many times. Not fun. When it gets like this, we both just feed off each other, too, and it doesn't help either one of us get out of the cycle. Granted, he's also two and I'm an adult (most days). I'll regroup and make tomorrow a better day for both of us (fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment