Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 316: Quilt Top

August 8, 2011

 Well, folks, here we have it - my (almost) finished quilt top!!! These are all the t-shirts, plus a few pieces of fabric to fill in gaps. It has taken a long time. Some rows were super easy (the ones I had cut the same size). Other rows were more of a jigsaw puzzle that I don't feel the need to ever repeat again. Now, all that's left to do is hand sew a few little internal corners that didn't match up, do some sashing probably, backing and binding. Yes, there still is kind of a bit yet to do. But really, it is almost done. This was definitely the hardest, most time consuming part. And it's finished! Whoohoo!

I went to a yoga class this morning to rejuvenate. We were working on strength today (and this month). Not only physical strength but internal strength as well. That's the great part about yoga - it connects your physical body to your emotional and spiritual body. Practicing strength, patience during hard times, breathing into where you need more space, letting go when you need to, listening to and recognizing your body's voice. Giving myself this time to connect with myself definitely helps me throughout my days to be a more whole person, and I'm grateful to have the opportunity to share my yoga practice with a teacher and other students. 



 Oh, bedtime tonight.... I tried the timer idea, which worked great. But all the time I saved by doing that Jacob made up for once in bed. He wanted the lights on, the door open a "big crack", more books. Then I hear him calling me again, "Mommy, I need to pee now." Can't say no to that one. Sigh. He didn't go to sleep until 10 o'clock. Must work on this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment