Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 328

August 20, 2011

Fraser and Jacob had some boy time this morning at the park, giving me some much needed quiet time in the house. It's very hard to find a balance with that because I want them to give me some time here alone but Fraser just wants to hang out here after being at work all week. It can be tricky. But the park was a hit and easy. And good for the fresh air and sunshine for Fraser.

I took the time to work on my quilting. The top quilting is going well. Slowly, but well. Usually this part would be faster if I were following a simple grid. But I'm just going over the already sewn seems which don't always run straight. Lots of turning and twisting which is tricky with a huge quilt. But, it is going well. 

Someone at the grocery store told me there's an air show going on this weekend out at Hillsboro. I did not know that. It would've been fun to check it out. Also, very hot which would have made it more miserable. But I do like seeing all those cool planes. Maybe next year I'll have it on my radar a bit more. That's been something challenging this first year - trying not to miss anything. Of course we're going to miss things - there's SO much going on around here, especially during the summer. Even if we'd lived here for years we'd always be missing something. I've tried to stop giving myself grief over that because it really is impossible to fit everything in.

No comments:

Post a Comment