Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 360

September 21, 2011

It's amazing to think that a year ago we were making our way across the country, sad to be leaving our friends and beloved Boulder, wondering what was in store for us in Portland. It has been quite a journey, very hard at times and also a learning experience. I have made lots of new friends and friends for Jacob, which is so wonderful. Even though they are new relationships, I know I can call an assortment of people and get support when I need it. That group has really and truly been a lifesaver this year. We've seen many beautiful places, eaten some delicious fruits and been to the coast several times. We've also had our share of grey weather, parenting struggles (which would have occurred anyway) and adapting to a new area. Overall, I'd say I'm very proud of us. We're in a very different, and better, place than we were a year ago. I can't complain (too much :) ). 


We'll be on the road for the next few days so I might not get a chance to write. We'll be celebrating our 4th anniversary this Saturday, at someone else's wedding. Better than last year, though, when we were in Seattle watching The 6th Sense. Not an anniversary movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment