Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 340

September 1, 2011

This morning I went to my friend Scott's house to make another kids' album. I did one years ago when the boys were little and have wanted to make another one for awhile now. This seemed as good a time as any. It was very fun. A little scary at first, remembering when to breath and how to just relax and sing. Scott's great, though, and we got into it nicely. Very fun. I enjoy music a lot and would love to have more in my life. 

Jacob was over at Gab's while I made my album. They were all having the time of their lives. Fantastic. I know I don't have to worry about anything when she's in charge. 

Tonight was happy hour with Jenny and Paula - sans the boy! Kamuran was (happily) babysitting. Yes, and giving my child all kinds of stuff to eat: spaghetti o's, marshmallows, Lucky Charms, chocolate milk. Alright, to be fair he didn't give Jacob all that in one night. Just the spaghetti o's and marshmallows. But really, Kamuran's another person that I trust entirely with Jacob. He just likes to try and get his influence in with Jacob just like I did with his boys. 

My time with the girls was so... filling. Just another thing that filled up my soul, recharged me after being depleted from my time in Portland. Not that it's horrible, just that it's.... different. And work lots of times. So, yeah, really great to be with the girls. We talked about Paula's wedding and life and all sorts of wonderful things. I do have some amazing people in my life for which I am very, very grateful.

After Jenny dropped me off at Kamuran's, we did start a fire. Jacob didn't want anything to do with the cooked marshmallows, just the plain ones. He enjoyed the whole experience, for sure. And he had a hard time going to bed. Not because of the marshmallows, I don't think. Just because he wanted someone to be next to him the whole time. Kamuran went down first, then me, then Kamuran again. Finally, he was out. Too funny. He definitely has some stamina. Kamuran and I got to hang out, too, and reminisce about old times. Can't believe it's been so long - eight and a half years. Wow. Crazy how time does that. Good reminder not to waste it on things that aren't really important. To really spend it on what you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment