Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 357

September 18, 2011

 Jacob and I have had a great day. I've put on my patience hat again and tried to look at things differently. I also read some more of The Emotional Life of a Toddler last night which helps with the perspective issues. 

Fraser's grandfather passed away so he's down in Texas today and tomorrow. Jacob and I made homemade blueberry jam this morning before going to my pilates class. Even I was impressed. 

I was just a busy bee during nap time (which I'm regretting now). I finished a second batch of jam, cleaned up the kitchen, talked to my granny (which was wonderful) and sewed a bunch on my t-shirt quilt. Of course, now it's not even nine o' clock and I'm about to pass out. That's what I get. 

Jacobisms:

Yesterday, Fraser said holy sh*t while Jacob was sitting next to him. He'd made a plane reservation for the wrong weekend instead of this one for his grandfather's funeral. So then Jacob says, very matter of factly, "Why did Daddy say holy sh*t?" It was really adorable. And of course, he has no idea of what he just said. 

He was saying goodnight to me last night and going upstairs with Fraser for bedtime. I told him to sleep well. He said, "You sleep well, too."


Today at nap time and bed time I heard Jacob singing his ABC's. The good news - he's not tone deaf. The "bad" news - he's only up to G. This is how he sings it, "A, B, C, D, E, F, G, Now I know my ABC's. Next time won't you sing with me." It's adorable. I do have it on film and if I can ever figure out how to get a video on this site (I have tried the obvious), I'll put it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment