Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 361: California Road Trip

September 22, 2011


We get on the road this morning, 9:30; within 15 minutes I'm thinking, "oh god, what are we doing?" Jacob wanted me to read books to him, pass him all sorts of toys, food, water, Mommy, I need this, I need that. Ahhh!


We stopped in Eugene for an oil change and some lunch. Found a little playground to give the boy some action time. That was good. Finally he managed to take a 45 minute nap. Not a car sleeper. Total saving grace - kids music. I don't care how much a person hates Raffi (which, actually, I like him), it's always better than listening to screaming. It pacifies like no other. Jacob's favourite - Songs That Tickle Your Funny Bone. 


Pretty drive, though. We just took I-5 so we were inland a bit. Lots of rolling hills, evergreens. Beautiful. Some funny named towns: Drain and Talent were my favourites.


Stopped in Yreka, CA (said "why-reekah, in case you were wondering, because we were) for the night. Jacob was very excited to be at the hotel. Fraser showed him all about jumping on the bed, I showed him about pillow fights. Good times. Bed time was really adorable. I read him his books, laid with him for a bit, then said I was going to go to my bed. He wanted me to read in bed just like he was. So, I sat in bed and read my book while he did the same. Adorable. Watching him out of the corner of my eye; his little body laying down, holding up his book, engrossed. After he was done, he put them down and rolled over to sleep. I ended up having to lay next to him for a few more minutes but really, not bad. One day down.

No comments:

Post a Comment