Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 339

August 31, 2011

Went to see our friends, Michelle and Ander this morning. Ander and Jacob are the same age, and now he has a little brother too. Really great to see them. Again, too short! But the boys had a good time, overall, playing together. There were a couple moments, naturally, with sharing. That's a tough one. But once we got the water table out and they both got naked, everything was great for them. Haha... perfect. 

I headed to my first (can you believe it?!) happy hour with Tif and her other Jill friend. Jacob was tolerant but not totally into it. He was more interested in playing. He patiently waited for us to hang out for a bit and then we went over to the rocks for him. They have changed them a bit but were still very fun. The only thing that freaked me out was that Jacob wanted to do everything some of the bigger kids were doing, including jumping off high rocks. Thankfully he also realized that that was not the best idea and would wait for my help.
It was nice to be downtown again. So little and cute and walkable. Portland is very cool but so much bigger too which has it's good aspects and not as good ones.

Tiffany dropped us off back at Kamuran's and Jacob got to run around half naked for awhile. It was great to see him playing in the yard like that, chasing after their dog, Luna. It took me back (not for the last time) to when the boys were little and they would run around like that. Sigh... very interesting to look back on all that now. The other night Trayton said, "I wish I was younger again. I liked being younger better." Kamuran asked why and Trayton replied, "Because Jill was around all the time. Jill was so fun!" That just made my heart so happy. I miss being able to see those guys more often, for sure. I'm glad to know that I'm still important to them because they sure are to me still.

No comments:

Post a Comment