Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 275

June 28, 2011

Berry picking this morning with everyone was very fun. It was out on Sauvie Island which is just gorgeous farmland. It was a coolish, occasionally misty morning which, actually, I thought was fantastic for strawberry picking. The kids had such a good time! Eating strawberries, picking them (in order to eat them), playing in the mud and sprinklers. It was great. I actually was able to collect a couple pounds of berries too. I would've liked to get more but it was definitely some work to be bending down picking plus dealing with Jacob. Still... very fun. And so much fun doing it with my neighbour friends!
Skyped with my mom and brother, Nick. Always nice. Makes me wish we lived closer, always, but it's the next best thing.
More laundry. Laundry doesn't bother me, though. It's the one house chore that I like to do. Maybe it's taking something that's so disorganized and putting it in order, feeling like I accomplished something worthwhile, it has a beginning and an end. I don't know. I just like it.
In the bath tonight we were playing with little finger puppets. One is a hammerhead shark and the other, a killer whale. Jacob is really into imagining things these days so we had to pretend that they went to a whole bunch of different museums: the ones out here, the one in Michigan he went to, made up ones. The shark and whale even got stuck in a spider web! It's really funny and cute. I'm glad his imagination is so.... healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment