Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 248

June 1, 2011

Wow. June. No change in the weather. 

My brother, Matt's, birthday today. I remember him being born. Pretty crazy. And awesome. He's a good one, that kid.... I mean, guy. Wouldn't trade him for the world.

Jacob's been getting into tantrum town these days. It'll be a simple thing that he can't do (spray water out of the tub, touch the sprayer for cleaning off his dirty diapers, not being carried upstairs), and it just sets him off. I can see it building and don't know how to offset it. Before you know it, he's just crazy: screaming, biting down hard on things, frustrated. I ride it out as best as I can, holding him or putting him down depending on the screaming decibels. Finally, when he can breathe again, we talk about it a bit and I try to give him something. Something about his feelings or the situation. Learning to manage one's feelings is a very hard thing to do. Many grownups (including myself) are not always good at it. It's a lifelong process, so I have a lot of sympathy for what he's going through. Poor guy. 

He's saying some pretty cute phrases, though. Things I know I say to him but that sound so much cuter coming from him.
"They're massive."
"Isn't that funny?"
"That's a doozie."
"What do you think of that?"

Very funny to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment