Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 258: Camping, Day 2

June 11, 2011

A good night's sleep had by all and some yummy oatmeal for breakfast. I know, that may not sound the best, but to me, one of the things I always remember about camping is waking up in the cool morning and smelling flavoured oatmeal. It just takes me back, especially to one particular time I was camping in Oregon, actually, with my aunt and uncle. We made eggs also, for Fraser. 

The beach was windy and cold again, but sunny this time. We all braved the water this morning, the boys more so than me. VERY cold. 








This is an intentional position on his part.

One of Jacob's favourite things to do, of course, was to be one with the sand: lay on it, roll around in it, slide on it. When going to the beach I've learned to expect to get dirty, namely, sandy. To be fair, to the sand was really soft. I couldn't really blame him for wanting to be next to it. At one point, he did end up with a faceful of sand. Even that did not deter him. Well, everything washes. 

They had a nice playground at this campground too which was wonderful. We had some playtime there, a short walk around the campground and some lunch, and we were all fading quickly. A family nap was just what we needed.

After a long nap from the boy, we refreshed ourselves and headed back to the beach. Gorgeous, alive with sparkling sunlight, all the colours so crisp against one another. We didn't last long in the wind, however. This was our shortest trip.





Good thing hanging out at the campsite is so much fun. We played frisbee, people-watched, cooked some hot dogs over an open fire. Lovely. Just lovely.

It had been such an awesomely clear day all day, we went to the beach to try to see the sunset. There was a low bank of clouds coming in but we got there in time to see some of that glorious burnt orange glow of the sinking sun that makes you feel that, somehow, everything is right in the world. Especially when the two people I love the most are with me. What a great day.






Me wearing my five layer blubber suit in an attempt to keep warm.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment