Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 265

June 18, 2011

Grey, rainy morning. It's totally opposite of Colorado. There, the thunderstorms would come in in the afternoon, you'd go to bed with clouds hanging about it the sky and wake up to clear, blue skies. Here, we go to bed with clear skies and wake up totally socked it. Definitely not used to that.
We headed to the farmer's market, anyway. I felt very "Portland". We found some lovely looking vegetables: artichokes, tomatoes, carrots, zucchini. And got a pork shoulder for smoking some day. Yum.
Jacob helped me do some quilting. My t-shirt quilt is really coming along. It's been a very thoughtful process in the sense that in order to piece all my odds and ends together, I've had to really think about it. I've only had to rip out stitches once, though, so that's something. A lot of measuring and pinning and repinning and repinning before sewing. 
Sun in the evening. I'm sure tomorrow morning will be grey skies again. Lol... and sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment