Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 256

June 9, 2011

This morning Jacob and I headed downtown to meet up with some friends and to see some big ships that were visiting for the Rose Festival. We had gorgeous weather and a pretty big group of people. We went on a little ship first. I can't tell you what it was - although they did give me a card. Anyway, it was neat. Jacob liked it because he could feel it moving. That's what he kept asking about before we got there. We went on a big coast guard ship that usually does drug interdiction (a new word for me). It was cool to see. Definitely cramped inside. Jacob said he did not like that one. 

We headed back to a nice fountain area for a picnic and play time. Jacob had an absolute blast! I wish I'd had my good camera with me. He was running around in the fountain, laughing his little butt off, playing with his friends and having the best time. It was great.

When he was ready to go, he said so, and we headed home for a nap. 
We're also gearing up for some camping this weekend! I'm very excited. There are so many great choices, but we've decided to check out Nehalem Bay State Park, on the coast. We'll actually be camping in a yurt. We are die-hard tent people but it sounded pretty cool. We'll take lots of pictures and have tons of fun. I'll give you the update next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment