Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 272: Memaloose State Park

June 25, 2011

 We got to our campsite last night. This one, Memaloose State Park, is an interesting one. It's in the Columbia River Gorge which is a beautiful area, for sure. There is only a narrow area (in some areas) for camping, however. This park was situated between the interstate and a railroad right next to the river. Still, it had lots of nice trees, a pretty view of the Columbia River and a playground. We also happened to be camped right between two other kids Jacob's age, which was so nice.




One neighbour had a little boy, and the two of them hit it off right away. On the other side was a little girl who Jacob was a little more shy around at first. Again, just so cute to see him interacting with other kids. And wonderful for giving me a little bit of time without my little magnet (as much as I love him). 
A favourite camping pastime

Fraser and Jacob had the most hilarious time rolling down the grassy hills together. I'm glad Fraser can still do that because I think I might vomit if I did.


The bouquet Jacob gave me






Then Fraser got out the old hammock...








We adventured over to an area where there was a little dock and boat launch by the river. Fraser jumped into the river which scared Jacob. He had fun throwing rocks in and getting his feet wet. Also fun for me. I wish I could just jump in but I freak myself out with what's below me. Something I'd like to work on.... at some point.
 
Jacob really liked it when the bats came out in the evening and were flying around. Then, "Dere's a star!" He has sharp eyes, that kid. We got to see lots come out before bedtime. Fraser and I even got to see a few shooting stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment