Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 175

March 20, 2011

Sunday morning breakfast, one of the very few times I've seen both my parents cooking. Alright, it does happen but it is not often. Mostly holidays or special occasion. Jacob asked me for an omelet (which Daddy cooks at home on the weekends). "Cook mushrooms, peppers and um.. carrots," he said. I love that my kids likes vegetables (so far).


A cold grey day; glad that we weren't maple syruping today. Nick had to leave today. We all wanted him to stay longer than he was planning on. It felt like he'd just gotten up here.

He was procrastinating, didn't want to leave either. We dragged out the hanging out as long as possible. Granny came over which helped matters for a bit too. But eventually, he had to go.
We drowned our sorrows by building a roaring fire in the wood burning stove, reading Uncle Remus and playing rummy. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment