Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 158

March 3, 2011

I was making dinner tonight (potato cheese soup - yum) and Jacob was playing by himself. He had the little Fisher Price house out and his horse and pig hand puppets. He would ring the doorbell and tell the dog to come in, all in a little high-pitched voice. Not just his own high-pitched voice but one that was made up for the characters. He had his own little storyline going on over there. It was adorable. 

More books I'm reading:
Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Children - just starting this one but it's right in line with my philosophies it seems like. Taking time to envision what your goals are as a parent, envisioning this happening, peace begins within yourself. 

Brain Rules for Baby - SO fascinating. This one is written by a molecular biologist so it's very scientific which I like. He goes into the physiological ways the brain forms and how it reacts to things in its environment, giving more insight into why babies/kids are the way they are and what they need at different times. He starts in utero and goes through age 5. I'm in the relationship chapter. Again, I would strongly recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment