Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 159

March 4, 2011

Fraser took the day off today which meant only a very small amount of working. We went to the "muse-mum-um" together (OMSI). We arrived to find about 12 school buses parked all around. Oh, goodness. Fraser was ready to turn around and head home. But we went in and it wasn't all that bad. The place is just so huge that it spreads people out. Jacob's favourite part remains the balls. I saw places I hadn't yet seen. It was very fun. We wore the boy out; he took a two and a half hour nap from which I had to wake him because it was getting late (around 4:40 when I woke him). To have any hope of getting him down before 9 he had to get up. And by "getting him down" I really mean putting him in his bed. He oftentimes stays awake longer talking, singing, jumping, you name it. One of these days I know I'll go in there and find him naked again. 

I went to a book sale while he was sleeping. Put on by the library so pretty cheap. I found some more books for Jacob. One of my new favourites is Harold and the Purple Crayon. I've read the original book long ago. This one is a compilation of four stories all dealing with the imagination and exploring. He always has a safe means to come home from his adventures too. I really like them. 

Reading kids' books can just be irritating. Jacob loves the Thomas books because he has the train set and because they're trains. But the stories are horrible! I'm sorry to anyone who actually likes them but I find very few of them enjoyable. The trains are all arrogant, rude, mean, bossy... the list goes on! I'd love to "lose" the book but would also feel bad because he likes them so much. Anyway, it's always refreshing to find truly good children's books. And always amazing at what actually gets published.

 Random Jacob "story": He tells me that I'm soft. Or mushy. Usually when he's telling me he loves me. He'll put his hands on my face and say, "Mush, mush, mush". "Mommy soft," he'll say. I say, "I think it's nice to have a soft mommy, too."

Now the boys are upstairs taking a bath. Very sweet. I love hearing them play together. The different things Fraser comes up to play, how excited Jacob gets playing with him. Really heart melting.

No comments:

Post a Comment