Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 307

July 30, 2011

Yesterday, Mimi and Pop took Jacob to the carousel at the mall. He had a total blast. He rode the lion, tiger and horse. I got to go to the pool by myself and read and relax. Wonderfully blissful. Then Cynda and I went to a little tea house for some lunch, tea and girl time. That was also fantastic. The food was delicious and the time together was wonderful too. I am so grateful for marrying into such a great family. Finding someone to be your partner for the rest of your life is hard enough. Getting a great extended family is even better.


Today was the sad day of leaving. Always, always sad to leave loved ones. It was easier for us, probably, because we got to go home to Fraser. Jacob was amazing on the plane. He is such a good traveler. We sat next to a really nice man, Jacob played and hung out for most of the 4 and 1/2 hour trip, taking a nap for the last hour and fifteen minutes of it. He said to me, "It's nap time now." I read him a book, sang him a song and he was out. I couldn't ask for it to be better. 


Fraser was very happy to see us as we were to see him. Jacob leapt out of the stroller with a huge smile on his face and gave Fraser a huge hug. We left Georgia at 10:30am and got to Oregon at 12:30pm. I felt like I was in a strange time warp all day. But Jacob was really good; we got him to bed around 8:30. Pretty darn good, really. 


It's definitely.... a bit of a bummer to be back here. Mostly just the oddness of the house we live in. I still struggle with it not really feeling like my home. Coming from a very homey, beautiful house it looks even more stark to me. Alas, I'll get used to it again. Hopefully make some improvements along the way. 


Stopped over at Karen's to get the mail key which Fraser hadn't had time to get yet. That was nice. We got to catch up on things while having a little moscato on the back deck in the sunshine. Nice to have a friend to come back to who is so close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment