Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 283

July 6, 2011

A very fun morning. Jacob and I went to the gym first thing. He had a great time in the kids' place playing Red Light, Green Light among other things while I worked out. Then we headed to the pool. It was still early which meant it wasn't super crowded. Nor was it the heat of the day but it was definitely hot enough to be out swimming. He had a blast splashing about. 

After nap things got a little hairy. He woke up early, and I didn't have a plan. Not a good combo. I don't feel the need to spend all our time away from home, but sometimes when we're at home for long periods of time, I go a little stir crazy. I'm just thinking of things that need to be done and things that I want to do and trying to answer Jacob's questions for the 18th time and play his game of talking to Duck and Truck and my mind can't hold it all and it's all just swirling around in one giant fuzzball! And I get tired and crabby. And it was hot today. 

We're sometimes still in this "Daddy, no!" phase also, so even when Fraser comes home Jacob is still attached to me and that makes me even more frustrated and tired. I need to remember that I can leave the house. At times like these, I need to put on my running shoes and just go. I get tunnel vision about it or tell myself I have to be there. It's not true. I can leave. The boys oftentimes do better without me there. Sigh. Lessons to learn, remind myself of, try to learn again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment