Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 289

July 12, 2011

Yesterday, we were Skyping with my family and one of my brothers asked if Jacob knew how old he was. I said I didn't know because we don't really talk about it with him. So, I turn to him and ask, "Jacob, do you know how old you are?" And he promptly answers, "Two and a half." I was taken aback, for sure. I have never heard him say anything about his age before. Then it came it up to ask him if he knew how to spell his name. He answers, "J-A-C-O-B". Alright then. 


We started the morning with some French toast casserole. Yum, yum. We then went to Oaks Park Amusement Park with a friend. There were some little kid rides. At first Jacob wasn't too sure about them. He got on the Carousel (the white tiger) but was clutching me the whole time. Then we watched our friend, Moses, go on another ride by himself. Jacob opted out of that one. 

But we went on some more together, which he thought was fun then finally by himself. It was cute. We had a nice time. 


Our neighbours stopped by this afternoon to see if Jacob could play. I love that. I love spontaneous visits. We hung out for a bit. Jacob and the little boy, Charlie had a nice time playing chase with flashlights which was nice to see.

We headed to the gym for a bit. Jacob got to play Connect Four which he called checkers. He remembers it from OMSI where there are two robots that you can move to play Connect Four. That was pretty exciting for him.

Just a few more days before we head out for Georgia!! It'll be nice to be on a long vacation with Fraser, plus visiting all the Southern family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment