Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 279: Hoodview camping

July 2, 2011

 Definitely colder up here in the mountains. Something woke Jacob up shortly after Fraser and I went to bed and there was no getting him back in his bed without tons of screaming. A drawback of going tent camping around other tent campers: noise. So, we slept together the first night, and Jacob got up at the butt crack of dawn. There was no sunlight yet, actually. Ah... parenthood. 

So, we got up and made a tasty breakfast with bacon and eggs and oatmeal. Then the boys got ready to do a little fishing. Jacob was way into it.

Again, that beautiful mountain greeted us. 
The lake is really shallow around the edges and really clear. We could see that there were no fish nearby. Regardless, Fraser tried it out. 


 We were worn out early this morning and thankfully, Jacob took an early nap. So did we. 






 Nice afternoon play in the lake and at the campsite. As chilly as it gets at night, it gets quite hot during the day as well. Fraser jumped off the dock and then Jacob had to do it to (into Daddy's arms, of course). Even I jumped in once. I was proud of myself. The water wasn't frigid but it was chilly. 
Tonight's dinner was pamplonas and grilled zucchini.  The pamplonas consisted of pork tenderloin rolled around provolone and bell pepper. Very yummy. And fun doing it over the fire. I also very much enjoyed not having to think about what to bring/make for dinners. Yay, Fraser!



Daddy and son fishing time again. So adorable. They both really enjoyed that special time together. And you better believe I like it too. The hardest thing for me is staying away with the camera. I want time to myself (which I took to do some reading) but also want to capture the special times too. I think because I am with Jacob all the time I want to capture all the moments, especially because the ones the boys have together are so precious. When I think about this it makes me somewhat understand how hard it is for Fraser to miss so much time with Jacob. I'm just so thankful that at least one of us does.

No comments:

Post a Comment