Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 281: 4th of July

July 4, 2011


Always sad packing up your home away from home. A beautiful trip for all of us. I forgot to mention that one morning we heard a loon call from somewhere on the lake. Their calls are so hauntingly beautiful. Very nice. 





Jacob could not stop talking about fireworks. Because it doesn't get dark here until 10pm or so we decided not to actually go see any. Instead, Fraser got a fountain pack at the grocery store and some sparklers. He wasn't too sure about the sparklers, especially when they started sparking. One fountain freaked him out a bit with loud cracking and lots of smoke, but he liked the others. As for me, you can tell I'm having a jolly time!



  After bedtime, when the real fireworks started, Fraser and I headed outside to check them out. Surprisingly, they were all around us. Illegal, yes, but really cool. Big ones, too. We actually ended up on our roof to view them better. It was super fun! Slightly disturbing, though, thinking that we are reenacting bombs and war. It makes me very, very, VERY grateful that I don't live someplace where bombing noises are not so... festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment