Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 364

September 25, 2011

We headed down to Berkeley this morning after our goodbyes to the wedding folk. Some friends of ours who used to live in Boulder, Jake and Annie, live there with their son, Leif. It was great fun to see them again! We ate some delicious food at a place called Tacubaya. Very yummy Mexican. 

We also took a little steam train ride through some beautiful redwood forest. It smelled so wonderful with the moisture and the cedary smell of redwoods. Lovely. Our hair was all a-frizz but that was even ok. 





I'm sure they're already talking physics.
We had an amazing dinner from Burma Superstar. Incredibly delicious. It was incredible to me the diversity of restaurants in this whole area. Granted, it's a diverse population. But anything, you name it, you could find it. And good food, too. I'm coming from Portland, which also has amazing restaurants, and still saying this. I think Jacob's favourite dish tonight was the pea shoots (I made an omelet for breakfast this morning - and yes, it is actually October 13th when I'm writing this entry - and there was spinach in it. He told me that it was pea shoots.). 

The trip wouldn't have been complete without a joint bath session. None of the pictures are blog appropriate, though. 

Good to see old friends. Good to hang out.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment